- 4 stalks of celery (peeled to get rid of the “strings“)
- a handful ofthe yellow celery leaves
- a handful of parsley leaves
- 3 each scallions sliced
- 1/4 lb Pecorino cheese ( shaved with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 each baby bok choy, Separated and blanched in boiling water for 1 min. and then shocked in ice water
- 2 each grapefruit..segmented (no pith)
- about 1/2 cup marcona almonds (baked for 10 min at 350F) cool then rough chop
- shallot vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 each shallots with skin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon creme fraiche
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
To roast the shallots, preheat the oven to 400°F. Rub the outside of the shallot (skin-on) with olive oil and wrap it loosely with foil. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until soft. Let it cool and peel away the skin and coarse ends.
Into a blender or food processor, combine the shallot, parsley, thyme, lemon juice, vinegar, creme fraiche and salt and pepper and blend until the shallot is mostly smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil and blend until mixed. Season to taste.
Keep the dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
This is best part. Spread the salad ingredients around a chilled bowl or plate. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette around the salad and enjoy.