Fennel is a good aid in soothing digestion. It only takes a couple minutes to put together, and it is good at breakfast or lunch.
(2 servings) plus extra
- 2 heads of fennel, chopped or if you have a juicer. juice it.
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (toasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon maca root powder*
- 1 apple cored and diced, skin off
- 1 tablespoon diced ginger or if you have a juice, juice it with the fennel!
- 3 sprigs of mint, no stems
- 1/2 teaspoon of anise extract
- handful of ice
Blend all in a blender and give it a try. I will sometimes strain this one for a smoother drink.You can try your own smoothie combinations of course but this works for me. – get creative!
*The maca root benefits include a positive effect on hormone balance, energy levels, and a health booster.