I noticed when I was feeling hungry, this easy to put together smoothie helped me not to binge snack.
I read that chili peppers actually induce the brain to secrete endorphins, those chemicals are credited with the runner’s high. Since I love running a lot, and always in search of the that“runners high” I thought I would try this Tomato smoothie out. Heirloom tomatoes are still going strong in California and its hot right now so it seemed like a good fit. I also took some fresh carrot juice and frozen it in ice cube trays to add some more nutrients to the smoothie.
(2 serving) plus extra
- 1 1/2 Cups carrot juice (frozen in ice cube trays)
- 2 Medium size Heirloom tomatoes, diced up
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 2 red radishes washed and chopped
- 1/4 of a jalapeño chopped ( you can always add more if you want more spice)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground fennel seed
- a pinch of ground cumin
- a pinch of ground coriander
Blend all in a blender and give it a try. Sometimes I will add a few ice cubes to chill it off more and thin it out.
You can try your own smoothie combinations of course.. but this works for me. – get creative!