My favorite simple summer salad that you can put together in minutes.
Yellow corn, Snap peas, and Cherry Tomatoes.
- 6 ears of corn (shucked and cleaned)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes (mixed heirloom)
- 2 cups sugar snap (cleaned and cut in half)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. vinegar (citron vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. chives (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons toasted and crushed cumin
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bring a large size pot of water to a boil, season with salt and blanch snap peas for 1 min. Shock in ice water. Drain and reserve.
- Bring water back to a boil and blanch corn for 2min. Shock the Cobb in ice water, and when cool cut the kernels off and add to a mixing bowl. Add the blanched snap peas to the bowl.
- Next. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the corn and snap pea bowl.
- Now add the olive oil, vinegar, chives, parley, cumin, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- This salad is best enjoyed the day of. The vinegar well start to brown the beans slightly if left overnight.
TIP. I use some really nice vinegars at the restaurant, because they can add such a great flavor. Vinagire de citron by Huilerie Beaujolaise is amazing and you can find it at specialty food shops.