Prepare to let cauliflower take on a bountiful flavor. This one pot dish brings out many of the flavors this vegetable can offer.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (you can use more oil less butter if you want)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Vadouvan spice ( available at places like Whole foods, or you can make your own. It will keep for a good amount of time and you can use it on a number of items.)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix butter, Oil, Vadouvan spice, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Cut cauliflower stem flush with the rest of the head so it can stay upright in a casserole dish or large sauté pan. Spread butter mixture evenly over the top and sides of cauliflower, place in a casserole dish or large sauté pan. Roast in the preheated oven until tender and cooked through, about 1 hour. Pull out of the oven and spoon any liquid in the casserole dish or sauté pan over the cauliflower.
- I like to slice it and serve with a sliced fresh grape, raisin, marcona almond vinaigrette. also some charred scallions and fried pumpkin seeds.