It just sounds Healthy. This started as a way to use up the extra cranberries but it turned out to be really tasty.
(2 servings) plus extra!
- 1 Gravenstein apple cored and diced (or your favorite apple)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 banana chopped and frozen*
- 1 mandarin orange peeled
- 1 teaspoon vitamin c powder*
- splash of lime juice
Blend all in a High speed blender and give it a try. With this one I strain it for a smoother texture. Sometimes I will add a few more pieces of frozen banana to chill it off more, make it thicker, and balance the acidity.
You can try your own smoothie combinations of course but this works for me. – get creative!
* I freeze sliced up bananas in small deli containers
* Vitamin c powder strengthens your immune system