- 4-6 whole Shiso leaves (Whole foods or Asian market)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 Tbsp pine nut “mayo” recipe below.
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced)
- 1 parsnip (peeled and grated)
- 1 carrot (peeled and grated)
- hand full of sprouts (daikon, alfalfa, or pea)
- dash of Soy (Braggs)
- a dash of chili oil or hot sauce of your choice
- Salt to taste
First take the cooked rice and put into a bowl and mix with the pine nut mayo, grated carrots, grated parsnips, soy, hot sauce, and salt. First, lay the Shiso leaves on your work surface and spread the rice mixture on top. Next, add the slices of avocado to each one then top with the chili oil. Finally add the sprouts or greens to each one. You can pick up and eat like a taco!
Pine Nut Mayonnaise
Makes 1 cup
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts, soaked for 3 hours in hot water and then drained
- 1/4 cup filleted water
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a Blender, add the pine nuts, water, olive oil, lemon juice and blend until smooth. The puree will get thicker as it cools. Make sure you season to taste. Chill and then this will last 4 days in the fridge.